Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Looking Forward

It's a good day today. John is off the night shift as of this morning and was off today and doesn't go back until Saturday morning. It's nice to have him home all day to help out so I can get things done around the house and just to feel like I have some time off, even if I don't get around to going anywhere. I love my Boo Bear more than anything in the world, but feeling like a single parent 7 days a week is tough. I know it'll get better once she gets into a more concrete routine, and it's not like it's even that bad, but it's not really all that predictable which makes attempting to exercise at home, hard. So, with John being off for 3 days and then going on the day shift, it'll give me some time to feel normal.

A friend of mine from back home is coming up on Friday for the weekend so I'm REALLY looking forward to that. I haven't really had any time to do anything with friends without Eden and I think I'm ready to do that. Granted, it's not like it's going to be anything crazy since she doesn't get in until 1:30 and John has to work Saturday morning, so we can't go out at night, but to be able to get a pedicure, massage, do whatever we want without me worrying about if Eden's going to cry, or if she's too uncomfortable in the car seat, holding her if she does start to hate the car seat, etc. This has been 7 weeks in the making and I'm going to take full advantage of it. I've always just run out and run back, never gone more than an hour. Not this weekend! I think I'll feel a little guilty...but I think I'll get over it.

No comments: