With today being Tuesday comes the end of John's 4 day weekend and me back to being alone for most of the day and nights. I guess he's not really gone any more hours than a usual day shift day, but it just feels like more since he leaves for work around 1:15 and doesn't get home until after midnight. I don't mind this shift though because it reminds me of when I used to live alone and didn't have to make dinner for anyone but myself and could just kind of do as I please. I miss that sometimes!
We spent our day out registering for baby stuff yesterday. How exhausting!! We hit 3 stores in 5 hours (with lunch) and I think we're done for the most part. We hit Babies R Us, Target, and a place called Buy Buy Baby. I only have 15 things on the Buy Buy Baby one though because the only one "convenient" (and I use that term loosely) to my family is in Mason. I just found a few things there that I didn't find elsewhere, so I figured what the hell. I won't say it was fun because I honestly didn't think it was fun at all. It really made glad we never had to do it for wedding gifts. I'm not good at asking for things for the most part, I'd rather just go get things myself, so scanning this, that, and the other was just overwhelming. I did prepare myself for the day though by having John stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a chocolate frosted donut and Vanilla Chai (don't tell my doctor...but I guess the scale will tell) for me for breakfast. He he!
Today I worked out, did some double checking of the registry, picked up around the house, chopped some ice in the driveway right below our steps (I may die if I didn't), and am now getting ready to make some dinner. Spicy Thai turkey burgers, Hungry Girl onion rings (praying they are good), and green beans. All while jamming to some 90s and now music on the music channel on our cable. These channels are like the blood that flows through my veins...essential to my life and necessary on sunny (and crappy) days. It boosts my mood and just makes me happy!! Baby likes it too because I can feel it jamming too :) YAY!!!
I'll report tomorrow on the Hungry Girl onion rings. Cross your fingers!!
1 comment:
I haven't been to the Buy Buy Baby yet but everyone seems to LOVE it. I must go check it out. I also HATED registering...way too overwhelming. Question - How is DD Vanilla Chai???
Post a Comment