I am officially obsessed with Dean Karnazes. If you aren't familiar with who he is, he is an amazing runner who is currently running across the U.S. for Live with Regis and Kelly to raise money for the Action for Health Kids. He is the reason John got into running after reading his book 50/50 (about him running a marathon in each of the 50 states in 50 days I think). And then that's where he also got into the ultramarathons.
So since he's running across the U.S. for Live, they do an update on Dean daily and some days they have longer segments like behind the scenes and whatnot, and I'm just completely obsessed with it. I'm super sad though because he's going to be in Springfield, Ohio doing a 5k the day we'll be arriving in Dayton in the afternoon, so we'll miss it. I'm hoping to find out if we'll be able to find him roadside when we come in so we can at least see him, if not get a picture of John with him. I know that John would never admit it, but Dean is definitely the person who inspired him to do the running he's been doing and to have a picture of them is something I would like and think would be super cool. Here's hoping we find a way to work it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment