Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Maternity Clothes

I went shopping today to hopefully find some "cheap" maternity clothes. My whole thing on wanting to find things that are cheap is because I'm only going to wear this stuff for a few months and I'm not about to pay $30 for a damn t-shirt. Not to mention I think the majority of maternity clothes are UGLY!! I looked at Old Navy online and was highly disappointed. I don't do floral patterns or ruffly sleeves. That shit just doesn't look right on me.

So, I figured I would start at JC Penny since they always seem to have some good sales. Turns out, good sales...yes, but crap selection of maternity clothes that I would actually wear. I did end up with 3 short sleeve, regular, non-ugly, v-neck t-shirts at $7 a piece. Not to shabby.

Then I went to Destination Maternity. I hate that this is basically the only store that exists for pregnant woman other than Pea in the Pod (but they sell that there) and let's face it, I'm not buying something that cost more than $50 for a shirt and over $100 for jeans. But their Motherhood Maternity stuff is ok, and the prices are not as cheap as I wished, but not outrageous. I ended up with another pair of jeans (which brings me to 2 now, and will stay forever at 2), a jean skirt, and 3 Reebok workout shirts. I was the most excited about the workout shirts because I've been looking for some for the past few weeks now and was shocked that the Pea in the Pod section was the one housing these shirts. And even better, they were on sale!

I'd say it was a winning trip, thankfully, and I'm hoping to be done shopping for maternity clothes for the most part. I ordered about $100 worth of stuff from Old Navy as well, but I'm not overly optimistic. We'll see when it arrives and I can try it on. That's the other thing that kills me too...why the hell don't more places sell maternity clothes in their stores?!?!? It's not like their isn't a market for it. There is nothing I hate more than having to ORDER clothes that I have NO idea if they fit (and their sizing guide is usually WAY off base anyways) and then losing my initial shipping money, plus whatever it costs me to ship it back...and ending up with nothing.

No comments: