Friday, April 2, 2010

Beautiful Day

What a gorgeous day it was here today!! It was high 70s, sunny, and all around perfect. My neighbor and I donned our sunscreen and sat in our front yard in lawn chairs for a good part of the afternoon. It felt wonderful!

I grilled chicken for dinner with greenbeans and homemade pasta salad. I picked up some char seasoning a few weeks ago at The Meat House and we love putting it on things. It forms a crust on the meat and seals in the juices which makes whatever meat we use that much better. I love grilling because it's makes for easy clean up which is always a plus.

John is still on nights and that leaves me to go to the grocery by myself which doesn't bother me as a whole, but annoys me because I feel like you have to be a defensive driver of the cart and dodge all the people who stand on the middle of the isle as if miffed by what they're seeing on the shelves. So, rather than go tomorrow and deal with people, I went tonight around 9:20. It was pure bliss! The parking lot wad empty along with the store which made for a very pleasant shopping experience for me.

1 comment:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Next time you are home, take your sister's kids to the store during the day by yourself to purchase a week's worth of groceries. Then blog about THAT experience! If you survive. hehehehe