Thursday, April 1, 2010

Job!

I have a job!

Granted it's only a temporary one that will last 3 weeks and it's not teaching. However, it is grading writing responses from standardized tests which is related to teaching and is something I'm curious to see. Some people don't realize how heavily a child's future rides on these tests because if you fail them in many states, you don't graduate. And on the other side of that, if the kids don't do well, the teachers get in trouble and it looks bad on the schools as well. I'm curious to see what kind of people are hired to grade these responses and how they "train" people to grade them.

My motivation for taking this job? Ever since I started spin class, I've wanted a spin bike to have so I could do it at home the days I don't go to class. We use John's paycheck to pay the bills, so any job/money I make, we use for splurges. I'm hoping that once it starts, that the 2 or 3 weeks it lasts are ok, and that the job is tolerable because I know it will come back again a few times throughout the year, and if it's one I can tolerate, I'll sign up for it again. Here's hoping!

No comments: