Well, we officially have had our credit card number stolen. When I got home from work today I went downstairs to work out for a half hour and when I came upstairs, John was home and asked what I bought from FTD. I told him nothing and asked why. He said that there were 3 charges on our credit card statement (which we check daily) that were pending, all for $435.98. I told him to call immediately and report it, shut the card off, and see what else they need us to do or what they are going to do.
Apparently whoever swiped our number also tried to purchase $3600 worth of concrete and steel, both companies in different states, and thankfully were denied. We both were a little pissed though that no one from our bank called to ask or even tell us it had happened, but yet, allowed 3 charges of the same amount. Wouldn't that right there say "red flag?" Especially after the 2 declined attempts for the steel and concrete? But, they said they'd send it to the fraud department and we'd here something within 3-5 days.
After that, I decided I would call FTD to see if they could tell me who placed the order since they used my credit card. Unfortunately, they couldn't find anything but they also reported it to their fraud department and said they would cancel the charges. The woman I spoke to was SO nice and helpful. I was fully expecting to get the, "You need to contact your credit card company," as soon as I told her about the charges, but she didn't (and I ended up telling her anyways).
We also ran a credit report which looked fine, but I'm thinking I'll want to check again in a month or so just to double check. What the hell is wrong with society?
No comments:
Post a Comment