I have quickly forgotten how fast a weekend can go when you work! I was a bit frazzled with thoughts of everything I had to do in the 2 days that I generally have 7 to do them in. I am not boasting in any way about how great it is to not work because believe me, it ain't all that, but it just blows my mind how easily I forgot what a real routine is like. On the bright side, I am glad tomorrow is Monday and to go back to work. It's nice to feel like I have a purpose. The days go fast as well as the week, so before I know it, this 3 weeks will be over. Part of me wishes I was working the next 3 week stint, but the other half of me is glad I'm not for two reasons. 1. Traffic blows to and from work. 2. My brain needs a break from monotonous reading. But when it comes again in June, I think I'll do it.
This weekend was nothing exciting. Spent a good portion of my day Saturday at the Y getting some spinning in since I haven't been to class. When I left to go there, John was heading out for a run, so when I got home from the gym an hour and a half later and he wasn't home, I worried. But he ended up calling 10 seconds later saying he took a wrong turn and got turned around taking him an additional 4 miles out of his way. I had to laugh because he has THE worst sense of direction. So I offered to pick him up which I was surprised he accepted. I laughed when I picked him up on the side of the road as a car passed in the opposite direction. I thought, "I bet this looks shady as hell!"
Today was errand day and pick up the house day. It tends to get cluttery during the week, so by today I was going nutty. John was super helpful picking things up for me while I cleaned up in the kitchen and got dinner started. It was the first time in long time that I didn't feel stressed about getting everything done. I accepted his help and trusted he'd do it right, or acceptable enough, and he did. What a great feeling!
No comments:
Post a Comment