New Year's Eve, another favorite of mine. Last new years was no fun at all, and the year before that in Vegas, fantastic! This year, we planned for it to be fantastic (it still could be, I should have hope) but upon waking up this morning, everything was white! I knew we were expected to get snow overnight, they said 3-4 inches, and instead I think we got anywhere from 4-8 depending on where in the city you are. At my house, I'd say maybe 5 inches? My friend Aaron Speed (generally referred to as A. Speed) was supposed to be here by now but his flight into Albany got cancelled from Baltimore. He tried to find out if he could get a later flight in but they told him all the flights were cancelled. I checked the Albany website and not all flights are cancelled. I'm still even shocked that they cancelled his flight because it's not like we got 10 feet or anything. And besides, they are used to this up here so it's not like a shock or anything. So to avoid the potential of spending his new year's in the Baltimore airport, he told them to send him back to Norfolk.
So, Marisa and I are planning on either still going out downtown or just hang out at her apartment. It's only 1:45pm so I think by the time we plan on going out we'll be good to go. It's no longer snowing and it looks like the sun is trying to come out. Hopefully we'll get downtown. After all, it's Wednesday which means dollar pints at our favorite bar Trotter's! New Year's Eve and dollar pints, what's not to like about that!!
I guess I should put some things away in my house since I don't have to stop to go get Aaron from the airport anymore. Happy New Year's to you all and I'll be putting up some pictures now that I found my cord! Stay tuned :)
No comments:
Post a Comment