Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tornado

12 hours from now there will be movers in my house, packing up my belongings while I sit helplessly and watch. Not that I'm complaining about not having to do it myself, but it feels odd to be in your own home with strangers around packing up all of your worldly possesions. This will be the 4th or 5th time John has moved, but the first time I've been the one here by myself to deal with it all. I'm completely overwhelmed right now. It looks like a tornado has come through and just ripped my house apart. I am NOTORIOUS for having lots of papers shoved in drawers, and I'm trying to get a handle on that before tomorrow. I don't see it happening.

On top of watching all of my household goods packed up, I'm also taking my husband to work at 6am knowing that I won't see him again until sometime in February. That kinda sucks. I feel like it sounds mean to say I won't miss him, because I will miss him, however, I have SO much on my plate the rest of this week that I won't really have time to think about missing him. Then, once I get back to Ohio, I'll be with my nephews and family and once I get to NY, I'll be busy getting the new place in order and catching up with old friends that before I know it, John will be back. So....that's what I know for today. It's 8:30 and I'm heading up stairs to spend the last hours with my hubby before the darkness of morning falls upon us!

No comments: