Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's been a while

I can't really remember the last time I posted something, I know it's been a while, but I'm here to tell you....I baaaack! Well, at least I think so.

My time in Cincinnati was great. I got to see some friends (unfortunately not all of them though), made a little bit of money working at Trashgate (that's Northgate for those of you that aren't familiar with my ghetto terminology) mall at The Children's Place and enjoyed every second of Christmas being with my family.

On Saturday the 27th, I left my parents house at 5:10am with a full tank of gas and a car full of crap and headed East to New York. The drive up wasn't too bad for the most part. Hit some heavy rain in Buffalo and the surrounding area for about an hour or two, and the rest of the way wasn't too bad. I got to my friend Marisa's apartment around 4:15pm. I changed clothes, stunk up her bathroom (sorry for the TMI, but I have a hard time pooping in public) and then went to meet my landlord at my new house. He gave me the keys, showed me a few things, and then it was all me!! I unloaded my car and left to go eat dinner and have a few pints at my favorite bar downtown called Trotters.

Marisa spent the night with me that night and we slept in my room on air mattresses. We both had on sweat pants, t-shirts, socks, and hoodies with the hoods up, then covered in blankets. My room was super chilly for some reason. We woke up the next morning to some banging noise downstairs. We sat up and looked at each other. I thought someone was in my house. I later found out that a ceiling fan outside on my porch is missing a paddle so when the wind blows, it knocks around back and forth and makes this crazy loud noise. So the next night, I asked Marisa if I could crash on her couch since it was a little bit breezy and I didn't want to hear the fan beating around. Not to mention I just wanted to sit on a couch and watch some TV after being in a car for the whole previous day.

The movers arrived on Monday around 10am or so and were here until 3pm unpacking 90% of my boxes. Some people think I'm crazy for having them unpack me, but I'd rather them unpack me and me have to just put thing away rather than me unpacking a few boxes a day, and then having all those empty boxes and paper sitting in my house until they came back to get them. So my house is pretty much in shambles right now. My bedroom is set up, or my bed I should say. Everything else is pretty much strewn about. The walk in closet looks like it threw up all over. The den is a wreck and my downstairs dining room table is a clutter catcher right now. I'm estimating that it will take me about a month to have things looking the way I want them too. I wish they looked that way now.

My friend Aaron is coming to stay with me tomorrow for the next week so the guest bedroom is the most put together room in the house. Mind you, there's not much more than a bed, night stand, dresser, and tv/stand in there. But it works. I thought about sleeping in there tonight, not because it's together, but because it's warm! There is something wrong with the heating ducts in the house because our bedroom gets very little heat. During the day today I think it might have been 50 in here? I kept the door shut because it was making it drafty downstairs. I figure that I might as well not try and heat it from the other rooms and save my propane versus having the furnace keep running to try and heat it. Apparently there is a guy coming on Friday to fix it. I hope so! I had to buy a space heater to heat it up tonight, but that's not even doing a very good job. But, it's better than nothing though.

I'm super tired and need to get to bed. I've got lots of things to do before I head to pick my friend up tomorrow. Not to mention John will be calling sometime in the middle of the night/early morning. He was supposed to have been gone today from port, but he said something broke, so....they are back in port for repairs. I told him they should just let him come home! To my surprise, he said he thinks they might let him go at the end of January so that would be good. He is offically done at the begining of January but they're keeping him for another month, until the end of February, so if he gets to leave late January I'd be happy!

With that being said...I'm off to bed. Now that I'm here in NY and not traveling for a few weeks or so, I should be back on track for posts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it to NY safely! Sorry we never got together for some BW3's! :) Next time! Ang