We move, get settled, adjust, and just when things feel slightly normal...we move again. All I can hope is that someday...we'll put down roots.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Hollow house
39 degrees outside on this beautiful, surprisingly sunny Thursday morning here in Silverdale, Washington! Temperature inside my house....maybe 58 by now? The movers are taking the remainder of my household goods and I am left sitting here (for now) in my recliner, writing this post. The front door is WIDE open so they can continually carry things out in an efficient manner, but damn it's cold in here. I turned off the heat because it's pointless to have it on while the door remains open, but there are moments that I'm thinking I don't really care if it's a waste because IT'S COLD!!!! I has almost lost the feeling in my fingers, toes (with socks on) and for all I know my nose has fallen off of my face. However, I am ok with this, as it means I am on my way to being one step closer to moving on and away from the dark city (as I like to call it anyways, althought today looks to be a beautiful sunny day!) and on to newer, better, much colder things in New York.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment