Saturday, December 6, 2008

Boxes....boxes....boxes!

My house is empty, the bathrooms, walls, linoleum, cabinets and counter tops are all clean. The only thing left is the carpets, however, they should already be clean and almost dry by now and I'm starting to panic that they aren't. I went over on Friday to take care of all the cleaning before the carpet people came and at 1pm, a kid from the company shows up when my appointment isn't until 5 or so. I told him I would just grab all the stuff and get out so he could do the carpets and he advised me to just finish cleaning and call him when I was ready. He asked if I knew how long I'd be and I told him no more than 2 hours. So about 2 hours and 10 minutes later I call this kid, get no answer, so I leave a message and say the house is clean and empty and ready to have the carpets cleaned. I was a little worried that he didn't answer, but figured that maybe he didn't since he didn't recognize the number.

Today, at 11:30, my friend Mary and I are out running errands and I told her I wanted to stop by to see if the carpets have been cleaned. Yeah, not cleaned. The check was still sitting on the counter and no clean carpets. I'm less than happy about this because my walk out is on Monday at 3pm and I am leaving at 6am on Tuesday. It states in our little check out paper that the carpets much be clean and dry by check out (and if they have to come and reinspect, they want to charge you $50!) Mind you, I even used the company THEY suggested. So I don't know what I am supposed to do if tomorrow afternoon rolls around and I go over there and my carpets still aren't clean! I called the company today and left a message on the cell phone (I'm assuming) of the guy I originally spoke with and set up the appointment with.

I'm starting to stress because I will not be changing my flight, nor will I allow them to charge me extra money for something I didn't do, and is the company THEY recommended. I just hope that tomorrow when I wake up and go over there, that there is a carpet cleaning truck in my driveway, doing their job!!

In the mean time, all the things I did not have the movers pack are in random boxes. I feel like I have boxes everywhere! My poor friend Mary is probably going to throw me out on my ass before Tuesday morning. I promised her that by Monday I will have dealt with them all and have them in an ordly pile. She said she is not worried, but I am!

No comments: