Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trying Something New

I decided a few days ago that I was going to try a new recipe out of my Hungry Girl cookbook and make it for dinner one night this week. Well, last night, I did just that. It was called "Southwestern Surprise" and I was surprised that with all the diced tomatoes in it that I actually liked it! It was categorized as a soup, but is pretty thick and hearty (especially the next day!!) that reminded me of chili. It was SUPER easy to make and makes a TON of it. We both had a big bowl of it, I had a mug of it for lunch today, and there is still a big container of it that I stuck in the freezer. And what's better, is that it's not super fattening or high in calories. If you make it according to the recipe and only use 4oz of cooked ground sirloin, it's only 1 gram of fat and 168 calories for 1 cup of it. I browned a pound of ground sirloin and put it all in instead of just 4oz so I know the calories and fat are more than what it should be, but it still can't be super awful.

We also found Pumpkin Spice bagels at Walmart that are made by Thomas...DELISH! I had one for breakfast this morning and it was really good. I didn't put anything on it. Just stuck it in the microwave for 15 seconds and ate it plain. Reminded me of pumpkin bread mixed with bagel. Yum yum yum!!

1 comment:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Pumpkin Spice Bagels?? YUM. I'll be looking for those. And send me that dinner recipe!!