Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hippie

I think I was a hippie in my past life. Not some big burn my bra, protest for the environment, don't shave my legs, eat only plants, etc. type hippie, but just someone who was a child of the Earth. I walked 5 miles yesterday and the entire time I was out, I just kept thinking, "I could probably walk all day and not be upset about it." I feel at peace when I'm outside (although I am NOT one who likes to camp) and I always have. I used to drive to Miami Whitewater all the time when I lived in Ohio and would sit on the rocks by the lake for hours, listening to my CD player (wow, that's going back) and just relaxing. I love that feeling that comes with it; just feeling connected to the Earth or just the bigger picture of life.

1 comment:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Me too girl! Although I really DON'T shave my legs that often, but it is more about someone always interrupting my showers...and the "someone" is never the same someone in our house of 5 so I can't even blame anyone in particular.