Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Already?

I can't believe that it's December already. I don't know where the time went. It seems like just yesterday I was leaving Washington and spending the holidays in Cincinnati without John, and then moving here to New York. My how time flies.

We took our picture for our Christmas card last night and of course I'm not super happy with it. It's hard to take a good picture when 1. you have to take the picture yourself and 2. when your husband isn't much of a smiler. It's ok I guess, but just not what I had in mind. You can judge for yourself when you get it in the mail. I honestly toyed around with the idea of even sending a photo card because let's face it, most people do a photo card when they have kids and the whole nine yards. I wanted to do a photo card because it gives me an excuse to take a decent picture of John and me, and I can write what I want to have printed on the card along with our names, which means the only thing I have to do is address the envelopes. Yes, that seems incredibly lazy on my part, but it's easier, so it wins in my book.

I leave for Cincinnati in 14 days and as much as I like being there, I'm ready to be there and be back home here.

Another thing I'm ready for...SNOW!! I was hoping that by now we'd already have some, but no. I should probably bite my tongue and not even say that I'm ready for snow because once we get it, we really get it. But, without snow, it just doesn't feel like Christmas. So hopefully on December 25 in Cincinnati, we'll have a white Christmas.

1 comment:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

I so dread trying to get our Christmas card picture. I may just wait and send Valentines this year!! I also hope for snow on 12/25.