Monday, December 7, 2009

Rewards

It's no secret that I loved teaching in Las Vegas, and everything about it. I think about it every single day of my life and I'm constantly wondering how my students are doing. I created a Myspace page for me as Mrs. Nakel the teacher the summer that I left Vegas in order to keep in touch with my kids. 34 of them are my "friends" on there that I keep in touch with. I randomly drop them a line or two to say hi and see how they're doing in school and life. Below is what one of my students wrote to me the other day. Forgive the all caps and lack of use of punctuation. For whatever reason, they never use it in emails!

Hello ms wow i havent herd from you in so long i miss you!
YEAH I DO HAVE A BOYFRIEND IM VERY HAPPY BUT I WILL NOT COMMIT THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE. WELL SCHOOL IS GREAT JUST ENJOYIN MY SOPHMORE YEAR LAST YEAR WAS VERY SUCSESSFUL FOR ME I GOT MANY INVITES TO MANY OTHER SCHOOLS I MET IMPORTANT PEOPLE FROM THE CULINARY INDUSTRY AND THERE INTRESTED IN ME. MY GRADES ARE PERFCT WELL I ONLY HAVE ONE C IN UGLY BORING BIOLOGY BUT OTHER THAN THAT IM VERY GOOD.
I MISS YOU LOTS AND IF YOU EVER DROP BY COME TO MY SCHOOL I GO TO ECTA STILL LIKE LAST YEAR. ALL MY TEACHERS ARE GOOD BUT I WILL NEVER MEET A TEACHER BETTER THAN YOU. YOU HELPED ME OUT WHEN I MOST NEEDED IT AND THANKS TO YOU IVE CHANGED MY WHOLE LIFE AROUND STOPED HANGIN OUT WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE AND DEDICATED TO MY WORK RATHER THAN OTHER THINGS THAT CAN AFFCT ME.
I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH YOU CHANGED MY LIFE THANK YOU!!!

This is why I miss teaching. The rewards like this.