Saturday, September 26, 2009

Neighbor Boy

Yesterday started out to be such an annoying day for me. Nothing had happened to make it that way, but weekends for the most part are annoying to me because I never have anything to do or anyone to do things with. Most people get to spend time with their families or spouses on the weekend. I am not one of those people. I worked out later on in the day versus earlier in the morning and got a pretty late start on the errands that I wanted to run.

As I was out exchanging some pants, my neighbor Melissa called me and told me she had figured out the mystery of neighbor boy. Neighbor boy is the guy who lives in the house across the street from us. We've talked to him numerous amounts of times, and A) can never remember his name and B) could never figure out if he was married, engaged, etc. We knew a girl had also lived there because she'd seen her before, but their cars were never there at the same time. So when Melissa called, she said she had run into neighbor boy and he told her he was throwing a party since he's getting a divorce. Hence the cars never being there at the same time. I told her I had no plans for the night since John is on the 3pm-11pm shift this week and if she wanted to go, to let me know.

When I got home from running my errands and was going to go get my mail, I ran into neighbor boy. He told me it was his birthday and that he was getting a divorce and was moving out in a week, hence the party. He introduced me to his friend who was outside moving cars with him and invited me over to the party that was beginning at 6. I took my groceries inside, grabbed a beer from my fridge, and walked over.

I had no idea the night was going to turn out as fun as it did. I thought I was going to feel awkward being over there as people filtered in that I didn't know, but I didn't. He introduced everyone to me, and everyone was SO friendly.

I text Melissa on one of my trips over to my house to get a beer and let her know that I was over there and was planning on staying for a while and to join me if she was up for it. She came over about an hour or so after I'd been there and we chatted it up with everyone. Her husband joined us later on in the evening to finish out the night. They left at 12:30am and I was the last one to leave at 1:15am when John got home from work.

I was really happy that the night was as much fun as it was. We had plenty of drinks, good company, a bonfire, s'mores, and even a run in with some Jimmy Choo shoes.

No comments: