This morning as I was sitting on the edge of my bed putting some socks on, something very strange happened. We have a large ceiling fan light in our bedroom that is controlled by a remote. There is a switch on the wall as soon as you walk in which is obviously the main power source. We leave the switch on all the time and usually leave the fan on low, then turn the light on and off via the remote.
Well, as I'm sitting there putting my socks on, the fan suddenly kicked from low to high, and the light came on. The fan was already on low, but the light had been off. I looked around thinking maybe the remote was in the bed and I had accidentally sat on it. Nope. Sure as shit it was sitting on John's nightstand, while I was sitting on my side of the bed.
This isn't the first time something like this has happened. There was another time many months ago that I turned on the light via remote, and as soon as I turned it on, it came on, went off, came back on again, then went off again. I clicked the remote again and it came back on, and was fine after that. Part of me thinks that there is probably something wrong with the wiring, and my dad said that maybe the batteries in the remote are bad, but I'm not sure. I'm not saying my house is haunted, but that doesn't mean that I didn't or don't have visitors. Who knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment