Oh my....I've never seen so much ice as I've seen today.
We got home yesterday evening around 4:30 and I can't think of a better way to spend our 2 year anniversary. It felt so good to be home and to sleep in our own bed. Now we just have to get everything settled and in to a normal routine. I'm sure it will take a few days, but we'll get there and I'll be even happier once that happens.
Today we went to the grocery store and stocked up since we had nothing (I have been gone for 3 weeks!) After we got home and ate lunch, John went downstairs to work out and I went outside to start chopping the ice that is our driveway. They got a ridiculous amount of snow and ice while we were away. The snow has since melted (on the driveway) and we are left with at least 2-3 inches of ice. I spent a good 2 hours chopping away what I could at the end of the driveway and then John came out and chipped away by our back step while I salted everything. We're supposed to get up into the 50's tomorrow so I'm hoping that a lot of it will melt.
It's so good to be home and I can't think about anything else really. It will feel that much better once we have everything the way we want. It might be a while before that happens, but when it does, I'll be pumped!
No comments:
Post a Comment