Well, we didn't do much yesterday for Valentine's Day since neither of us like waiting hours for dinner. So instead, we went to the store and picked up groceries for the week, a bottle of wine and we had dinner at home with chocolate fondue for dessert. I made the fondue from the cookbook Deceptively Delicious and I have to say, for having pureed carrots and avocado in it, it was really good! We dipped strawberries and bananas in it and enjoyed having it for dessert (with leftovers for today or tomorrow). It doesn't taste exactly like real chocolate fondue tastes (I wouldn't really know because it's been over 10 years since I've had "real" fondue) but neither of us were complaining. I have to say that I think the cookbook is pretty clever and will be great once we have kids and they can eat solid food. Heck, I like it for John! It's good for getting vegetables into sweets and just everyday foods without really tasting them.
Today we're going to go out for dinner since we didn't go out yesterday. Plus we've got gift cards to Applebee's and Outback so I think we're going to Applebee's. It's not my favorite place to eat but hey, it's free. Then later on tonight, I'm going out with Marisa and my husband is kind enough to take us and pick us up. I've driven him quite a few times and he owes me, so I'm cashing one in for tonight. It won't be a big party out since it's a Sunday night, but it will be nice to sit with a friend and catch up since I've been gone for a few weeks and haven't been out. And with a nice husband to be our DD, the night couldn't have been planned any better!
No comments:
Post a Comment