Monday, April 18, 2011

Preparing

It's Monday and I'm trying to mentally prepare for our trip to Cincinnati. I'm looking forward to seeing my family and friends, but I'm not looking forward to the traveling itself, $4 a gallon gas there and back in John's truck (hello, expensive), and just not being at my own house. I'm worried about gaining a lot of weight while being in Cincinnati for a few reasons. 1. Eating all the things I can't get here in New York. 2. Cake at showers. Cake is just something I have NO self control over and I know there will be leftovers...so how in the hell am I to say no to that? 3. Not being able to workout. If the weather is shitty, or even if it isn't, my only option is to use the treadmill at my parents house and with my sciatica the way it acts up from walking, I don't know if I want to do it. I guess I could pay for a week at the gym, but I'm not sure if I'll have a way to get there. 4. What's in the cabinets. My parents always have ice cream, snack, chips, etc. and I don't buy that stuff at my house. "Just don't eat it," I hear you saying. Well, that's easier said than done. That's why I don't buy that stuff at my house. If I do buy it, I'll eat it. So...we'll see how it goes.

Packing on the other hand, is actually something I'm not worried about for once in my life. My options are hugely limited since I don't have a ton of maternity clothes, and I'm actually ok with that. My plans are to only take the 2 pairs of jeans I have, a jean skirt, 2-3 cotton dresses, and some tops...along with a few pairs of yoga pants and workout tops. Then, I'll just do laundry whenever I run out.

My plan is to NOT do too much running around if possible. I just don't want to be stressed, tired, or just feel like I have too much to do. That may seem selfish, but oh well if it does. I gotta do what's easiest for me at this point.

No comments: