Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Night Away, Some Comedy, What More?

What a hilarious day yesterday turned out to be. I wondered if I was going to be able to enjoy myself after the morning I had. We close at noon which I had mentioned in yesterday's post, and we're scheduled for a half hour past that. Well, I didn't leave until 1:15 which didn't make happy. Everyone is SO SLOW about getting things done after the branch closes. There are clearly not enough people that work there and frankly I'm annoyed. So needless to say, we didn't get on the road to leave for Connecticut until 2.

On the funny side of that though, right when I was getting ready to leave work, I got my phone out of my purse and saw that I had a missed call from a number I didn't know, accompanied by a voicemail. So I dial, put in my password, and listen. It's a woman calling from another bank I had applied at the same time I applied at First Niagara....2 months ago! I guess I'd have been happy if I wasn't working, but it made me laugh because I was like, "Wow, way to wait 2 months to call!" When I got home, John asked if she had called my phone because apparently she had called the house first. When he told her I wasn't home, she asked if I was at work. He laughed and said yes. I'll call her back and tell her no thanks tomorrow, considering I'm planning on quiting First Niagara in September due to I want a week off to go to Cincinnati, and I know they won't give it to me. So...peace out.

We got to Connecticut around 5ish, checked into the hotel, and then headed over to the casino for dinner and our show at 8. We ate at a Mexican tequila bar which was pretty good (and the coolest atmosphere ever) and then settled in for some laughs with Jim. I seriously thought I was going to cry the first 5 minutes I was laughing so hard. We both really enjoyed ourselves and the show, and afterwards did a little gambling. Needless to say, we are not millionaires. I didn't win squat, and John broke even. Every machine he sat at hit. I guess that's God's way of telling me I shouldn't be gambling since NONE hit for me.

At the end of the night when we went to the car to go back to our hotel, there was a couple, 3 casino people and a security guard standing diagonally from our truck. We walked toward it and the guy from the couple says to us, "Man you're missing a show here." They proceeded to tell us that there was a girl passed out in the car next to theres, and she had herself locked in. The people all tried tapping on the windows, beeping their car horns, literally jumping on the car to shake it to see if she would wake up, and she was not responding. As we were leaving the garage an ambulance was coming up so we figured there were going to break into the car to make sure she was alright. At least if she was passed out from being wasted, she had the smarts to go to her car and sit in the passenger seat (if she was even the driver) and sleep it off rather than drive.

It was a really great time and John and I both had a lot of fun. We came home today and low and behold, my landlord was here fixing our porch railing...FINALLY!! It's only been 7 months. He still has a few more things to do, but I told him I want them all done before my parents get here next Sunday. I'm going to trust that he is going to get them done. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: