Monday, January 30, 2012

Experiment

I conducted an experiment of my own curiosity today. And the results came out exactly as I expected them to.

The experiment I'm referring to is how Eden reacts to textures of food. Before I started making her baby food, she liked green beans. Since I started making them here at home...HATES them. I've always wondered if it was the texture or taste, or maybe both, but since we stopped buying baby food, I had no way of knowing.

Well, the last time I took Eden out for an extended period of time, I realized that trying to take homemade baby food for her was a giant pain in the ass since I freeze everything into cubes, and not everywhere I go has a place for me to warm it up, etc. So when I was at the grocery last, I bought some baby food just for "take along" purposes.

Today was green bean day and as I was warming some up (to waste 90% of ultimately...she only takes 3 or 4 bites) I remembered that I had some store bought green beans in the cabinet. I figured I'd try those with her first to see if she'd give me "the face" and cry in her hatred. And what do you know? Nope! Had no problem eating them at all! Proved my theory that she is not a fan of gritty textures (which I fear will screw me in the end when we start moving into more diverse foods). On the bright side...at least I know green beans are back on the menu!

No comments: