Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend In Review

We had quite the busy weekend this weekend.

Friday we went down to Albany to see a comedy show. The headliner was Kevin Hart and the opener was Corey Holcomb and some other guy whose name I forgot. It was a good time, but not as great as I'd have liked it to be. The majority of the patrons were loud and talked through the entire performance, cell phones ringing, and it smelled HEAVILY of marijuana. I really had to strain to listen and with everyone talking it was just a giant distraction. I am not a racist by any means, but that will be the last time I go to see a black comic in a predominately black neighborhood.

Saturday was dinner date night and we went to Red Robin. I absolutely LOVE their crispy chicken tender salad and used to get it ALL the times we've ever been there. After checking their nutritional information, I will NEVER get one ever again. Over a thousand calories, and 91 grams of fat. I about fell off the couch when I found out and it nearly crushed my excitement for going there.

However, I managed to research enough of the other burgers they offer and ended up ordering a Gardenburger with guacamole, roasted red pepper, and pickles. It was really yummy! My only regret is not getting apple slices instead of fries, so I only ate half of them and ruined the rest with salt and covering them so I didn't eat anymore. A few are better than none.

Today we enjoyed the weather by going for a hour long walk in the sunshine. The street in front of our house is a busy one, but not even a quarter of the mile down is a street that goes back near farmland and country roads so there aren't many cars to contend with. We walked back that way and just enjoyed being outside.

It's been a great weekend and I can only hope that next weekend is just as good!

1 comment:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

I have never been to Red Robin! I'm going to have to go since we have one right at our exit. Your garden burger sounded yummy. But so does that salad...