Thursday, June 18, 2009

Surprises, Free Stuff, What Could Be Better?

What a day today has come to be.

First of all, day 4 of training....continuing to be a JOKE. However, I'm getting paid to do nothing so I'll take it. Not my fault by any means. If they want to give me money and have me sit around and read meaningless things, by all means, be my guest.

So I get off at 4, come home, check the mail and drive up to the house. Both pieces of mail are for me. One, a magazine, the second, something from the New York State Department of Education. I immediately said, "Ooh, is this a reimbursement check for not giving me my license?" Sadly....it wasn't. It was BETTER. It was a 2 year provisional initial license. What does that mean? It means that I have 2 years to take the required tests to then get their 5 year regular license. Fine by me!! That gives me 2 years to hopefully sub or find something long term maybe. Either way, I'm "certified" which makes me happy. The license expires on August of 2011 and I'm sure by then I will have a child and will not be worried about teaching, or if subbing does turn out well, I might just suck it up and pay for my 5 year license. Either way, I'm overly excited and happy to have it. It also means that after the summer, I won't feel bad if I want to quit the bank. I have every intention of apply at at least 5 schools to sub because it means that much more now that I'm certified.

I also met up with my friend Brian tonight for some wings and drinks at Trotter's. As it turned out, it was also Malibu Rum night which meant there were "drink girls" there giving out free stuff and drinks. So we got a free Malibu drink, glow bracelets, a visor, and some flip flops. I love being at the bar when it's free stuff night. Whether or not you actually use the things they give you is irrelevant, it's just fun to get free things with alcohol logos on it. NO, it does not mean I'm a drunk.

No comments: