Thursday, June 4, 2009

Add Ons

It's been a busy week here at the house. Contractors have been here every day since Monday, and we now have steps leading up to our front porch, plus a porch extension for our grill to go on so we don't have to grill under the ceiling of the porch. They have also glued the molding up on the pillars where they belong and my landlord is supposed to come out this weekend to fix the busted railing finally. Crazy right?!


My friend Aaron Speed came in town on Wednesday and after I got home from picking him up, there was a message on our answering machine from Cathy at First Niagra with a formal job offer. So I officially have a part time job now. I'll be starting on June 15th, so I'm curious to see how it goes. I'm keeping an open mind, but like I've said in numerous past posts, if it sucks, I'm outta there.

We laid out on our dock today with my neighbor Melissa which was awesome. My face is a little bit red, but other than that, I'm good. Aaron actually got tan lines which we both found funny because he's black. We were unaware that black people could get tan lines!

Other than that, not much else is going on. We leave for Vegas on Saturday and I couldn't be more excited. I wish that John could come with us, but as always it's work work work for him. I am super lucky that I have a husband who doesn't mind my friendship with Aaron or that I'm going to Vegas without him. I know a lot of guys would have a problem with it, but John doesn't and I'm very thankful. Aaron has been one of my best friends for the past 3 years, we tell people we meet that we are related because we think it's funny when they look at us and then ask how since he's black and I'm white. So, there's nothing for John to be mad about even if he wanted to be, but either way, I'm happy he doesn't mind. Not sure yet what tomorrow will bring, but I'm sure it'll fun. It seems that summer is finally making it's mark here and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: