Sunday, February 5, 2012

Something New

This morning was busy for me. We were just about out of all of Eden's freezer food (peaches, pears, peas, carrots, and sweet potatoes) so I had to devote an hour or so to making as much food as possible. I wasn't about to spend all day doing it. I made peaches, pears, peas with fresh mint and something new...broccoli!

I know what you're all saying, "OH MY GOSH! She'll get such bad gas! Why would you give that to her! Babies aren't supposed to have broccoli!" Well, both baby food books that I have say that in the 6 month range you can give them pretty much anything after "first foods" have been introduced and tolerated, and yes, broccoli is on that list. I had some broccoli in the crisper that needed to be used within the next few days so I steamed it up and pureed it. I froze it all except enough for her to have a tablespoon or so to try for lunch. It smells so strong that I was SURE she was going to hate it. Ha! Nope...loved it! Now, assuming she doesn't have any problems being super gassy or pooping, we'll be good to go!

No comments: