Monday, July 11, 2011

The Difference

I am so incredibly amazed at the difference in the way I feel today versus how I've been feeling for the past 5 days. I've been angry, bitchy, uncomfortable, miserable, sad, and just not myself. Today when I woke up (after a decent night's sleep I might add...notice I didn't say good as that's just a joke these days), I wasn't as achy as I usually am and I just emotionally felt like a different person. It amazes me. I don't know if it's because we went out to the casino last night for a while or if it's because I was able to sleep better than usual, but it's so nice to not feel like I've been feeling. I'm sure John appreciates it too!

I'm still counting down...6 days now and that's all I'm going to say about that. I divorced myself from Facebook...well, kinda. I got tired of people asking when I was going to have my baby or asking how I was feeling (this is different from the people who have said they hope I'm feeling well or to hang in there...those comments don't bother me like asking how I'm feeling) so I posted that I wasn't going to post any new status' nor respond to anyone's questions regarding the baby. I'll post when we're lucky enough to have her, but then people are always saying, "Pics please, let's see her, blah blah blah" (and again, these comments are different than, "can't wait to see her") and honestly...that's the last thing on my mind! I feel like being very selfish and just really cherishing those first moments or days without letting myself be annoyed. My family will be the first ones to know via phone calls from my mom and I'll deal with everyone else after that, on my terms, when I'm ready. I've just been so annoyed these past few days that I figured I should stop it now while I'm not such a bitch. It feels good, and it'll feel ever better after our daughter is here and we get to enjoy her privately as a new family :)

2 comments:

April said...

I hope you feel wonderful and I can't wait to see her :) Love ya, April

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Hope you are enjoying EVERY MOMENT with her...and if you are not...it's normal! ;)