Monday, November 8, 2010

First Snow

Today we got our first snow of the year. Coincidentally, it was supposed to be periods of light rain on and off, but turned out to anywhere of up to 2 inches. I'd say we ended up with close to that down at work and maybe an inch at my house. It made getting from my building down to where we have to park a wet and slushy nightmare. My shoes, socks, and pants were SOAKED from the short walk. I'm not quite sure what shoes I'll be able to wear tomorrow since I'm not super keen on getting any other pairs wet.

It definitely felt like a typical winter day and as annoyed as I was trying to drive home it, it did make a little giddy and excited for winter to be here. There's nothing I love more than seeing everything snow covered and quiet. Yes there's shoveling and having to dress in layers, and then tracking all the snow inside the house and having to clean it up, but looking from inside out, I love it. Hopefully we'll have the winter this year that we didn't have last year!!

No comments: