Thursday, March 1, 2012

March

With a new month came a snowstorm!! It was the first one we've had since October (which A. I missed and B. only consisted of maybe 5" or so) and I couldn't be happier. I'm glad that we didn't have a super snowy winter this year, but I do like some snow here and there. This snow was fantastic! It had big, white flakes and just looked like it should on Christmas Day. It was so peaceful and quiet....I love that about snow. It just seems like a blanket on the Earth and everything is hushed and pure.

I took Eden outside for a couple of quick pictures. It would've been nice to take some more, and some family pictures, but when it's just her and I....well, you know how that goes!





I was pretty busy last month. Between John taking the week of our anniversary off and then just finding things to do, meeting up with friends for coffee or lunch...I can't believe how fast it went.

We are in the beginning phases of thinking of transitioning to civilian life and John has been looking for jobs on a daily basis. When we were out on our anniversary, we were talking about it and I told him that if it came down to it, I wouldn't be mad if we had to stay here. I know the goal was always to go back to Cincinnati, but if that couldn't or didn't happen...I'd be happy here. So, only time will tell what will happen and where we'll end up. Well, it'll either be here or there. I have NO desire to move to another city, despite how close it was to Cincinnati unless we had NO other choice. However, I don't think that will be the case. He knows he can get a job up here and is meeting with a guy he used to work with this weekend to talk about how it is, hours, perks, etc.

I have mixed feeling...or maybe I should say I don't know really HOW I feel. Part of me is afraid that if we went home that I wouldn't be happy there. Yes, I'd be happy to be around my family and friends...but we've just become so accustomed to life up here that I'm afraid that once we got back there, that I'd miss being up here. And if we stayed here, I'm afraid that forever up here would make me miss home more. I know I'll be happy both places to a certain extent, and miss things about where I don't end up. It's a messy situation in my brain right now, but I'm not all that worried about it, so that's that.

It's getting late and I should be heading to bed. Eden has yet, another cold that surfaced last night, so she didn't sleep well and I'm anticipating the same tonight. I elevated her mattress and am running the humidifier in the attempts to hopefully ease her congestion. Hopefully that will work and she'll get a descent's night sleep...I need one too.

Cheers to March and the nearing of Spring (for us up here at least)!

No comments: