Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting Back to It

It's been a little over a month and I'm finally getting back to this thing. I've been on hiatus for a while, mainly for the fact that I was feeling like shit for a while and no one who reads this that is in my family knew that I was pregnant, so it was hard to write anything at all without either raising suspicion or people just being sick of me bitching about how awful I felt.

So, if you don't already know...yes, I'm pregnant. I'm 11 and 1/2 weeks and feeling pretty good. Weeks 6-8 were a rough time, but I turned the corner for the most part around 8 weeks and have been feeling pretty good since. I have days where I don't feel so hot, or just an hour here and there where I don't feel good, but it generally passes or it's right before I go to bed, and then it goes away then when I lay down, so I guess I can't complain too much.

This IS something we planned on, and it happened quicker than I think I expected it to. We've said for the past year, "We aren't preventing, but we aren't 'trying'" which is true. It wasn't until our cruise we took in October that I said, "Anytime after this cruise...I'm good," and I knew it was a possibility that it could happen then. I didn't honestly think that it would, but it did, and well...there you go!

We're happy and excited, but I'm not one who is all gaga about it, nor do I really like to be put in the spotlight. I'm not good at telling people, and as much as I wanted to tell everyone, when faced with it, I didn't want to. I was hoping that the few people I did tell would then just pass the word on for me. On Christmas Eve, I told John and his mom that they could go ahead and tell people because if they left if up to me, I wasn't saying anything. So John told the few people who were there when we got there, and then his mom told the rest which worked out perfect for me. It takes the pressure off me and just leaves me to say thank you and fill in any details people wanted to ask.

Christmas Day was a little different. With most people, I mentioned it in a round about way if the opportunity presented itself, and if it didn't, I didn't say anything. And if anyone is upset that they didn't get the personal tell from me, well, there's nothing I can do about it. I had one person say something to me earlier in the week that was off, and that is what really put me off about telling people. But, it's all over and I'm assuming everyone knows. If not, I guess they'll find out eventually!

That's all I know for now. I'm still exhausted from traveling so I'll keep this to a minimum. I'll do my best in the upcoming days, weeks, and months to get back into the swing of posting on a semi-daily basis.

No comments: